Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ONE is a Lonely Number...


Last night was my weigh in, only five days since my last. As I'd mentioned last week, my coach is competing in the Hilo Olympic Triathlon this weekend, so the normal Thursday weigh in was not an option.

In those five days sadly, I only lost 1.4 pounds. Though I'd hoped for a bigger number, I'm certainly not discouraged by any means. This is a process, one of time and dedication which is exactly what I've put into it from the start. I have not and will not cheat. There is not a cheese burger or doughnut that tastes better than long term success and health. Gone are the obese days, shortness of breath, tired, and lethargic, grumpy days - GONE.

I've been working out at lunch more and loving it. It's such a challenge to get to the gym at night with other commitments. Having the University gym so close has been such a blessing.

In my future are 5K and 10K races. I've made a mental note of the ones I want to do so I'm just waiting for the registrations to open. I've also decided along with my master’s program studies, I will start studying for my Certified Personal Trainer certificate. I am committed to making this a life change; to help others in one way or another. With the knowledge that I have now coupled with my studies, I'll be a force to be reckoned with even if just for my own personal growth.

I'm excited for the continued changes in my body, the fit of my clothes, the energy and happiness I now have. I'm excited for my next weight in 16 days - April 14th - it should be a good one!

Till then - xoxox

(The picture is of my calendar at work - it keeps me motivated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment