Thursday, March 3, 2011

Just Add Water


I cannot believe it's been over a month since my last blog, that should truly tell you that I've not been focused, not been on my game. That has all changed recently. Without sounding like another "I've found the perfect diet" story which it may, I really did or at least I'm giving it a go.

Last week on Facebook, I read a post of a very elated friend who'd lost 8 pounds - of course I was all over that like white on rice. I've known this guy since grade school so I asked him - "how'd you do it?" "The Ideal Protein Program" was his response - this is NO diet kinda guy so I inquired more. The more he told me, the more intrigued I became. I did research online, read reviews, read the company story, read more reviews, looked a number before and after photos, then...I found and called the Ideal Protein coach at my local clinic and set up an appointment.

The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is a medically designed protocol that results in fat loss while sparing muscle mass. The protocol was developed over 25 years ago in France to help athletes become trim.

The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is an easy 4-phase protocol which helps stabilize the pancreas and blood sugar levels while burning fat and maintaining muscle and other lean tissue. This protocol is also an excellent support for cellulite reduction and has been used in well over 2500Professional Establishments in North America over the last eight years with great success.

“The cause of most weight issues in a modern society is insulin dysfunction. A diet grossly disproportionate in its share of saturated fats and sugars, such as in breads, cereals, muffins, cakes, pastries, pasta, pizza, rice, corn - very much like the North American diet - causes the pancreas to produce an overabundance of insulin, which stays in the system and puts the blood sugar level in a negative balance.” Dr. Tran Tien.

I began my Ideal Protein journey Saturday, February 26th, 2011. So far, so great, by day three I'd conquered my headaches (a common withdrawal of crap cause) and I felt better, more awake, more alert, and less craving. Day four I lost all my cravings, I'm not feeling like I should eat everything in sight which was my biggest issue - I'd eat because it was available, I'd then associate that with being hungry which was not the case at all. Getting my head, stomach to get that I wasn't hungry was the battle - so far this has really helped. Tonight is my weekly weigh/measure at the clinic - I'm excited as crazy as that sounds - I'm interested to see if my feelings are more than just feelings. Granted I would laugh at work and call this the "Just Add Water" diet or the "Astronaut" diet but all in all the science makes sense - it is similar to the Atkins diet but better formulated. I've been able to incorporated my clean eating habits into my lunch and dinner routines and I'm excited for what's to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment