Friday, September 10, 2010

Not so EXTREME!


Candy is my nemesis or maybe quite the opposite –it’s all in how you look at the glass I suppose! I must be genetically immune to diabetes given my sugary consumption. As the sour revolution grew so did my obsession, so imagine my giddiness when one of my true favorites, Sour Patch Kids came out with their new Sour Patch EXTREME. Three new flavor combinations, one piece is a sour apple/strawberry mix, one a orange and blue razz mix, and the third is watermelon mixed with grape. The bag’s graphics portray animated two-color faces with insanely puckered and otherwise distorted faces, and a tagline proclaims “2 SUPER SOUR flavors in one”

The candies are covered in sugar, similar to there counterpart Sour Patch Kids, large in size, ready for a handful of mouthwatering, face puckering, eyes tearing sour goodness. I go slowly, though I want to dive it, they are twice the size of their small kid friends, I take one. Mildly reminiscent but not overwhelming, I pop in a couple more…have I ruined my taste buds I wonder, couple more….hmmm. I enlist a few nearby friends, “hey try these new Sour Patch EXTREME’s,” I tell them. Apprehensive of the EXTREMENESS, they take one, in there mouth it goes, I wait. Disappointment! “Where’s the EXTREMENESS?” Exactly, I reply. To my dismay, the scientific geniuses at the Patch Headquarters some how missed the mark. Not only are these the antithesis of EXTREME but they are far less sour then their little friends.

Remember, I know candy – I highly un-recommend these little treats. Stick with the originals.

No comments:

Post a Comment