Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Like I Have New Batteries


One week into this journey I've lost weight and I've gained an enormous amount of energy! It's crazy, just 7 short days ago I was suffering from insomnia, fatigue (I know weird combo), short temper, moodiness. I was lethargic and essentially in a food coma. Eating fast food, fast, processed food and far too much of it. With a crazy schedule between work, school and my son's social calendar, I could justify every drive through, every restaurant.

I cannot believe that in just a week I've regained my crazy energy, maybe not 100% but close. I wake up at 4:45am, do chores, make lunches, prepare dinner, homework, blah, blah, blah, the simple point is I used to stay up until 11:30pm, hit snooze until 6:00am, then bump and grump through the house trying to figure out why I was so tired, why I seemed rushed, why I just felt like going back to bed. No breakfast, fast food and sugary snacks through the day until I hit the drive through at night. Here's the shocker, all without exercise! I know huh.

Now, up at 4:45, oatmeal, computer work, chores, 100 sit ups, 100 push ups, make my son's breakfast, lunches and get ready for work - awake and ready to face the day. I feel refreshed. I pack my lunch or make healthy choices, I drink lots of water, and take vitamins. At night I walk the track during football practice, hit the gym three days a week and am beginning boxing workouts. It's sad that I waited so long to get to this feeling, to make these seemingly simple changes. I hope I can inspire others to make the changes now, find the "good food euphoria" and enjoy a happier, healthier life before irreversible problems arise. Anyone can do this, most of you want to. Love yourself enough to want great things, you deserve it!

Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment