Monday, May 16, 2011

Four Dress Sizes!


Weight loss is an interesting endeavor. I have done very well, I have lost 41 pounds, 59 to go, but at times I feel as big as a house, at times I feel bloated and disgusting, I feel like eating my weight in chocolate, feel like crying etc. I know this is partially due to being a female, what joy is that, part of it being human, but regardless, it's annoying no matter the excuse you put with it. Why can't we just be happy with what we have, the work we are putting in and keep moving forward - why is that so darn hard? Human!

I'm in such a good place right now - I finally decided to buy a couple new pieces of clothing because I nearly lost my pants running to catch the bus! I decide to go "budget shopping"...OLD NAVY. They have some cute things so I grab a pair of size 16 pants. Internally there's this battle erupting "how exciting would that be," "are you freaking crazy," "they will never fit," "you'll be let down," "how cool would it be..." THEY FIT - I could have cried right then and there, I could have screamed at the top of my lungs, and ran out of the dressing room with them still on and yelled SOLD! But instead I calmly put them back on the hanger and bought them! Then I text everyone I knew!

Size 16 still seems large but I was at a 22-24 and I NEVER want to see that number again. I want to go buy more things with a one and a six but I will hold back. I have goals, I have 59 more pounds to go, wouldn't mind buying something in the single digits next!

I've learned that every day is a process; every mental battle is worth fighting because I am worth it. I deserve this more than anything. I'm so thrilled with where it's going and continue to chase my Thursday weigh ins.

Keep pushing forward; see you at the next woohoo moment!

P.S. for those of you that have requested progress pictures - though I do take them, I value our friendship too much to subject you to such horror! Lol, I'm certain though when I've hit my goal I will post before and afters, just to remind me of where to NEVER be again.

Stay blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go girl!! I did the same thing (and thought the exact same things) - Old Navy and size 14 fit. Cloud 9 for me too.

    But I'm stuck. Need to lose about as much. And would love to own and fit into a single digit something, although 10 would be a number I could live with for the rest of my life.

    My MD prescribed a personal trainer ... she forgot to point me to the money tree that would make this happen!

    Can't wait to hear the next story - it'll be good for sure. Congrats!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete