Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chasing Thursdays


I've gotten a few questions about what I mean when I check into the gym and put that I'm "Chasing Thursdays," so here it is....drum roll....it's my weigh in day! I know huh - huge, monumental information, you should now mark your calendar!

All jokes aside, it's my little goal, not so much Thursday, that's my focus, my goal for Thursday is 2.5-5 pounds. Yes each Thursday. As long as I keep Thursday in mind the other six days, I should be good to go. The key to long-term weight loss and overall success is to chase small goals on the way to your big picture. My big picture is 100 pounds by year's end, I should however hit it the end of September. Focusing on the big picture only will certainly lead to stress and FAILURE. That's no fun.

I challenge you every day, in whatever you do, to find a small goal, even if it's smiling at a stranger; accomplish it, then go after the next. We spend too much of our life chasing big picture things, retirement - really; lay the pavement sure, but LIVE TODAY!

Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment