Friday, April 22, 2011

It Doesn't Get Much Better Than That!


Back on track - my focus and determination paid off in the best way at yesterday's weigh in - 5.6 pounds in one week. Crushed the troubling 2.6 from the previous two weeks! Eliminating salt and drinking more water was paramount.

I'm impressed with truly how easy this program is - follow the rules - OK! You might say "I don't like to work out." That's technically perfectly fine on this program. They only require you eat as they say, drink as they say. PERIOD. I simply believe you're foolish to think you don't also need exercise - you may lose weight just fine but you should work on those muscles - hey, here's some great news - muscle burns fat too! It's a double awesome!

Personally I LOVE the gym, sweating, lifting weights - I'm more focused throughout my day after a great workout.

May first the "Run of the Mill" 5K http://mcrunofthemill.com/ registration opens - this will be my first 5K in years and the first of many runs for this new lifestyle. Will you join me - cheer me on? I'm not a runner - in my head, I'm the most awesomest runner ever, but I'm sure I will get better and just like when I'm in the gym - I'm not out there for anyone else but myself. I've long let go of trying to impress anyone with my herculean strength - it's about me and my health. It's about not allowing my choices be the reason my family buries me - making positive, healthy choices, lifelong better choices. That double bacon cheeseburger just isn't worth it anymore.

The attached picture is from the Live Strong website's http://www.livestrong.com Daily Plate/Weight Loss tab. I used to log everything I ate in my previous attempts at weight loss using this site, though I still agree journaling is the best way to see what you’re putting in and monitor the intake, on the Ideal Protein program it's regulated, they also provide you a journal. The items on IP wouldn't be found in the Daily Plate system thus you wouldn't get the appropriate caloric data. I do still use their weight loss function as a tracking tool and overall motivator. You can see the area prior to February 26th when I was doing it on my own and the data post February 26 - my Ideal Protein start date. I'll take it!

66 pounds left to go!

Check back next week - let's see what I do in the next seven days!

Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment