Monday, June 28, 2010

Growing Examples


Are you a do as I say person or a do as I do person? Maybe you're a do as I say, not as I do person. I wonder often why this is okay; why do we talk a different walk than we talk? Why isn't it important for us, as adults, as parents, friends, leaders to be a positive example by doing positive things. Positive actions need no words. Why would we tell our children to not do something that we're clearly doing?

We are raising the future and we have one chance to do so, it should be critical l for your daily input to be what you want from the next generation's output. Not a saint, just real. Too often do we use "cause I'm an adult" as an excuse to do what we tell our children not to do. Granted there are somethings that are legal for adults to do but not for children, that's a different chapter!

I'm worried about the success of our future as a nation, not because of our legal system, our school system or our economy. I'm worried about what we choose daily to teach our children or simply what we do not. It pains me to see parents telling their children to not do exactly what they are doing. How do we gain our children's trust and respect if don't earn it by being the best example they could have?

I'm grateful of this little person, this little sponge the good Lord gave me and though I may often fail or fall short, I pray I lead by example, I pray he'll gain respect for life, for women. I pray he'll do things or simply not do them because of what he was surrounded by, to be given one chance to create this little person into a successful, honest, good choice making big person, is a HUGE undertaking but I'm ready. I hope you will take the challenge too! Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” St. Francis Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment