Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm Back



I contemplated putting a saddle photo as in I’m “back in the saddle” then I thought I’d have the saddle on donkey since I feel like a horses ass “getting back into it,” but then I decided to post a more inspiring photo!

With a regained focus, a year of life changing events and the pure fact that I'm not getting younger and this isn't getting easier...I'M BACK!

Here’s the deal, I was balls to the wall on Ideal Protein and working out – I got to a point that I’d work out twice a day and my weigh ins sucked, they’d either be 1 pound a week loss or nothing – I had caused my body to freak out and store since I was taking in only 1300 calories and burning at least 1500-2000 – the truth is, in order to lose weight and work out, you MUST eat. THEN I got laid off and couldn’t afford the program at all. Not to mention I’d broke off my engagement to my best friend. I was so emotionally not available to anyone but my son. I didn’t care about ANYTHING, I couldn’t even really put words to the feelings other than I DIDN’T CARE! It sucked.

Though I was able to work out at my gym more, I had to figure out how to eat “normal” again and sadly I got in the mindset that I’d dropped 58 pounds and was looking good, I was thinking “I’ve got this.” I was eating Nutella toast every day – sometimes twice – It’s not a secret that I LOVE NUTELLA – oh and that’s not all I was eating, I’d started eating more crap, because I was working out more it was kind of okay but really the results were just delayed. By the time I got back to Ideal Protein, I’d luckily only gained back 7 pounds (in three months) so from Feb ’11 – July ’11 I had lost 58 pounds by October ’11, I was at -51 pounds – not bad but getting back has been so super hard.

One benefit, I’m back with my best friend – my mood is so, so much better, but I really am still dealing with being told that I need to stop working out so much, down to “you can only walk around the block.” It’s not in my genes – I’m a gym rat, I’m supposed to be lifting like the boys, I’m meant to be in the gym! So I wonder now as I eat my packets of food, what else can I do – there’s got to be an option for athletes or athletically minded people on Ideal Protein!

I have found a new journaling site that I like more than Live Strong – it’s My Fitness Pal, not only can I use it on my computers but also my phone, it already has the Ideal Protein foods in its system so I don’t have to guess or hand enter the calories etc. LOVE it. Truly, journaling has been a Godsend, but I need to figure out this whole work out thing – I cannot NOT workout - it’s just not an option.

On the schedule for this year is two Warrior Dash races, at least three 5K’s and a 10K, MMA training and part of me wants to do a Sprint Triathlon but we’ll see. I’d also like to get back into CrossFit – that was super neglected after I stopped IP, also due to funds, though still expensive there are ways to get in WOD’s without having to go to a box – it’s just a lot more fun surrounded by other CFers!

We’ll all get there – just keep pressing forward people!

No comments:

Post a Comment